RSS

Interracial Couple not Allowed to Marry

OMG! A justice of the peace in Louisiana refused to issue a marriage license to an white woman and black man. Anti-miscegenation laws that prohibited intermarriage between races have been abolished since the 1960s. Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish claims he’s “not a racist” and he’s just “concerned about the children” the couple might have. Bardwell said “I’m not a racist. I just don’t believe in mixing the races that way. I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else.”
What a brave man, he let's them use his bathroom! Come on! We all know use of the “children” rationale is an implicit acknowledgement that racism exists despite the fact that many whites will argue that racism does not exist today, or subconsciously downplay the severity of racial oppression in our society (sometimes called modern racism).

This is worse than the Chicagoland area Eagleman commercials, but now onto something lighter dealing with ending furniture sale racism:

0 comments:

Post a Comment